The workspace industry is big business these days. From the smallest start up to the largest industrial players, most companies recognise that having a quality environment within which to work is essential for the success of a business.
Take a minute to spare a thought for those that are not so lucky to work in offices equipped with break-out spaces, on-site cafes and restaurants, meeting rooms, business grade telephony and connectivity, shower facilities and cycle storage – but have to make do with an environment that is sub-standard at best.
Here are some of the most depressing workspaces that we have ever come across – it’s fair to say that they’re more suitable for not-desking than hot-desking!
- Flat screen monitor (cathode ray of course).
- Keyboard and mouse (unfortunately no cat included to catch it).
- Cycle park nearby (next to the computer in fact…).
- Sleeping facilities for taking naps.
- Music system with surround sound (providing you turn the speakers inwards to face you).
- Excellent dining facilities.
- Superb air conditioning (an old bedsheet).
- Extra seating available for client meetings.
- Traffic cone for free parking space (situated at the front of the trailer).
- Atmospheric mood lighting (mainly for bad moods).
- Sunglass Holder.
- Workspace can easily be moved to travel with you wherever you happen to be doing business.
- Avant-garde décor.
- Modern digital telephone system.
- Excellent printing facilities.
- The latest design in air-cooled seating.
- Second screen available.
- Trendy beanbag seating.
- Up to 4 PC’s available for use (if you know how to construct one from scratch from old computer parts).
- Industrial exposed brickwork design.
- Excellent waste disposal facilities.
- Desktop cooling fan included.
- Individual access to DVD player.
- Larger second screen available for presentations.
- Ideal for medium to heavy smokers.
- Nearby lavatory facilities (extra bottles can be provided upon demand).
- Minibar included (so mini it doesn’t actually exist).
- Comfortable leather executive seating.
- Soft drinks available as and when required.
- Excellent catering area.
- Fun and youthful decor.
- Excellent underground heating system (because the workspace is underground next to the heating system….).
- Wardrobe facilities for hanging up work clothes.
- Separate changing rooms away from the workspace.
- Comes with flooring as featured in last year’s Daily Mail (which is in fact a copy of last year’s Daily Mail).
- Beautifully designed interior light fittings.
- Bar facilities for client entertainment (although drinking alone is also allowed).
- Multi-PC server stack.
- Adequate room for dining.
(Picture Source: Imgur)